Saturday, July 3, 2010

Camp

So I work for Calvary Church in St. Peters, Missouri and we just returned back from senior high camp down at Table Rock Lake in Shell Knob, Missouri. The week was truly great for so many ways but I think some of my freshmen guys iterated the time the best: "This week has been so much better than jr. high camp. Yeah, there's more 'fun' things to do there but here it has just been so spiritually amazing." I was amazed to hear these words echoed by 14 year old boys. God truly moved this week and I was blessed to be a part of the experience.

How do we carry the week of camp over to our daily normal lives? Camp covers 1 out of 52 weeks of the year and I would be willing to bet that for many it covers almost all of the intentionally spiritual encounters with God by most attenders. What does that life truly look like? More importantly, what does that life look like to other people? Life doesn't slow down for us so that the camp life just happens to exist back home. Actually, life speeds up. A lot.

No comments: