Tuesday, October 26, 2010

1 Samuel 15:10-11

"Then the word of the Lord came to Samuel, saying, 'I regret that I have made Saul king, for he has turned back from following Me and has not carried out My commands.' And Samuel was distressed and cried out to the Lord all night."

Firstly, this is not a biblical exegesis on these two verses.


Samuel cared so much for the people around him, the people he served. This started me thinking "when was the last time I was so distressed about another's situation that it caused me to lose sleep and cry out to God all night?"

Other people's situations seem to affect me more so than my own, but never to this extent. I think we are frequently content with allowing something to move us, praying once about it, and then moving on. Samuel cried out all night!

No comments: