Thursday, September 4, 2008

Another one

Well, Labor Day weekend is over which basically marks the end of summer. This is awesome because it pretty much means that fall is here (favorite season) and football season is upon us.

I went to the Mizzou-Illini game this past Saturday night, and not gonna lie, it was amazing... Mainly because the Tigers won and all the Illinois fans were sad. I guess that I forgot at how many people get completely trashed at college football games, especially if the venue sells alcohol like the Ed Jones dome does.

There was this group in front of me and the friends that I attended the game with how had all consumed more beers than I thought was physically possible. It was kind of funny being behind them and seeing how the different people responded to the level of alcohol in their systems. One of the dudes in particular got really friendly with one of the Illinois fans, whom he did not even know. And when I say friendly, I mean he had his arm around him and was basically whispering into the guy's ear.

Anyway, this group of guys would randomly slap each other, and the funny thing was that they thought they were being really secretive about it and sneaky. But, to the sober person, it was so obvious they were going to do it. Well one would slap another and then they would all start slapping each other. At one point, the friendly dude full out punched one of his buddies in the ear. Me and the guys I was with were all convinced that a fight was gonna break out before the game was over.

Another instance, I went to the bathroom between the third and fourth quarters. There was a guy peeing at an end urinal... or what he thought was a urinal. He was actually turned and peeing the wall next to him. It's sad when one is so intoxicated that he doesn't even know that he isn't urinating into a toilet.

People are morons... put so eloquently by one of my church's youth pastors, whom of which I attended the game with. Don't be stupid. Have some dignity. Respect yourself and others.

oh and MIZ...ZOU

1 comment:

Spencer Engel said...

I know I was one of the trashed guys. But I would never whisper in a guy's ear.